Chromebooks fulfill a lot of the requirements that are needed for a device to be perfect. They are not only affordable and stylish but also carry enough power for processing all types of basic tasks. Some of them are even designed for high processing tasks. The majority of the Chromebooks have high-end hardware components that make them very powerful, fast, and reliable for long term use.
This particular article is written for people who have to use Linux software most of the time. Linux is the best-known and most used operating system which sits below all other software on a computer. It basically receives requests from the other programs and conveys them to the hardware.
Many Chromebooks are just a perfect choice for Linux as their components have good enough power and space to accommodate your need. So, for people who need Best Chromebooks for Linux this article will help you out in selecting the best one out for you.
8 Best Chromebooks for Linux in 2020
1. Google Pixelbook
- Meet Google Pixel book, the high performance Chromebook; It’s the first laptop with the Google Assistant built in; Press the Google Assistant key on your keyboard or say Ok Google to get started; The Google Assistant is always ready to help
- Features 7th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 128GB for storage; The long lasting battery delivers up to 10 hours of use and it’s fast charging so you can get 2 hours of use in 15 minutes
- The 4 in 1 design adapts to whatever you’re doing with laptop, tablet, tent and entertainment modes; Access to favorite apps including Google Drive, Gmail, YouTube, Evernote, Slack, Infinite Painter, Lightroom, Roblox and many more
- Pixel books super thin and lightweight design measures 10.3 millimeter and weighs 2.45 pounds; Features a 12.3 inch 360 degree touchscreen display, a sleek aluminum body, Corning Gorilla Glass and a back lit keyboard
- Powered by Chrome OS with automatic software updates so you’ll always have the latest virus protection; It starts up in less than 10 secs, stays fast throughout the day, and won’t slow down over time
The Google Pixelbook ticks all the boxes, it has a sleek and stylish look that comes with touch support. Moreover, its great keyboard and solid battery life add to its amazing qualities. No doubt this device is the best chrome book to be used as a Linux machine.
This amazing device has a screen size of around 12.3-inch which is the ideal size. The screen has a resolution of around 2400 x 1600 pixels which provides some amazing treats to the eye. The size and weight of this portable machine are just good enough to make it easy to carry. It has a size of 11.43 x 8.69 x 0.44 inches and its weight of 2.45 pounds makes it immensely portable.
The reason behind its powerful processing is the Intel Core i5 processor. This processor runs at a frequency of 3.3GHz. If we talk about the GPU of this device, it has Intel HD Graphics 615 which provides crisp and perfect visuals.
For the fast processing of the processor, there is a RAM of size 8GB present. While on the other hand, so that you can store huge amounts of data and files on your laptop there is a storage of size 128GB present. You get a chance to store all your heavy software on your laptop without getting it slow.
Talking about the connectivity of the device, it has a solid number of ports. It has 2 USB Type C 3.1 and also a port for headphones. Lastly, we talk about the battery life of this amazing device. The Pixelbook has a long-lasting battery life that stays unplugged for up to 10 hours. Now you never have to get up and put your laptop to charging again and again while doing work.
2. ASUS Chromebook Flip C434
- 14 inch touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5millimeter thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14 inch screen to fit in the body of a 13 inch laptop footprint
- The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor 1. 1 GHz (4M Cache, up to 3. 4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x USB Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit keyboard (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook
If you are looking for an economic Chromebook that has excellent features then this ASUS Chromebook is just the wise decision. With this device you can add on RAM which would give good performance while using Linux applications alongside other apps.
A 14-inch Full HD display is what makes this Chromebook truly stand out. The display has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The size of this Chromebook is 12.60 x 8.00 x 0.60 inches and it can fit any bag. Moreover, its feather-like weight of 3.30 pounds makes it a good travel companion.
Powered by the Intel Core m3 processor that runs on a blazing speed of 3.4GHz gives it a fast and snappy performance. Talking about the GPU of this device, it has Intel HD Graphics 615 that provides high screen quality and you would enjoy the experience of all types.
The processor processes fast due to the presence of a RAM of size 4GB. Apart from the RAM, a storage size of 64GB gives it enough space to keep all your valuable data safe and secure. This is also another plus point when it comes to use Linux.
For connectivity, the laptop has a solid number of ports. It includes 2 USB Gen 1 Type-C ports that allow easy charging. Moreover, it has a standard USB 3.1 Gen-1 Type-A port and a micro-SD slot present. Finally, we talk about the battery life of this amazing production. It delivers outstanding performance by staying unplugged for up to 10 hours of battery life.
3. Acer Chromebook Spin 13
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (Internet connection is required)
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook
- Chromebooks come with built in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically
- Convertible Chromebook with Intel Core i5 8250U, 13.5 inches (2256 x 1504) Corning Gorilla Glass NBT IPS 10 point multi touch screen, 8GB Memory, 128GB eMMC and Up to 10 hour Battery Life.Maximum Power Supply Wattage:45 W
Are you in search of an affordable Chromebook with all the unique features? The Acer Chromebook is a 2-in-2 affordable Chromebook with enough processing power to run Linux. The Acer Chromebook comes in a screen size of 13.5-inch with a resolution of 2256 x 1504 pixels which gives eye-capturing visuals. The size of this Chromebook is 9.7 x 12.2 x 0.7 inches and its weight of 3.5 pounds lets you pick it up easily.
Having a look at two of the most important components that are the processor and the GPU. Intel Core i5 8250U is embedded in the device which gives it high speed. This processor works on a frequency of 3.4GHz.For GPU, the Chromebook has 8th Gen Intel i5.
The processor of this device comes with a RAM of size 4GB which gives it the ability to perform high-speed processing. Moreover, storage of size 128GB is enough to keep all your data safe and secure.
The Chromebook has a decent number of ports for connectivity. It has 2 USB Type-C ports, USB 3.1 Gen1 Display Port, and also 1 USB 3.0 Type-A port. These ports allow for high-speed data transfer and speedy charging. Data transfer and retrieval has never been this easy.
Lastly, another vital feature to be considered is the battery life of this device. It has all-day-long battery life. This Chromebook can stay unplugged for up to 10 hours now. Just get up and start working without any wait.
4. Samsung Chromebook 4
- Compact, light design with 13.3” display
- Military-grade durability
- Ultra-fast connectivity with Gigabit Wi-Fi
- Advanced security with multiple layers of built-in virus protection
- 12.5 hours of battery life
- Google Assistant enabled
Nowadays Chromebooks are just growing in size and getting bigger and bigger, but people do wish for a cheap way to get online. This is the point when the Samsung Chromebook makes an entry.
This Chromebook has a screen size of 11-inch which gives a wide view. With a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 you get to experience crisp visuals. Moreover, the size of the device is 14.16 x 9.64 x 0.65 inches and weight of 3.80 pounds and thus it is easy to carry.
The Chromebook is empowered by the Intel Celeron processor that runs on a frequency of 1.1GHz. Enjoy the blazing speed of this amazing device. If we talk about the GPU, the Chromebook has Intel Celeron Processor N4000 which gives videos of their high quality.
Talking about the RAM and storage of this device, it has a RAM of 4GB. For storage the device has 32GB which will keep all your data secure. For connectivity the laptop has a good number of ports. It has 2 USB-C ports that allow multi-tasking in order that you can exchange data swiftly.
Finally, we talk about the battery life of this Chromebook which is around 10.5 hours. To sum it up, this laptop is truly amazing. In the end, this Chromebook is surely one of its kind with all the eye-capturing features.
5. Samsung Chromebook Pro Convertible
- Display: 12.3 2400x1600, 3:2,400nit
- Intel Core M3 Processor 6Y30 ; 2.2Ghz Speed
- 4GB LPDDR3 Memory (on BD 4GB); Battery Life: 9 hours
- Hard Drive: 32GB eMMC.Weight:2.381pounds. OS: Google Chrome.Spill Resistant:Yes, 60cc
- Refer User Manual under Technical Specification for troubleshooting steps.Bluetooth 4.1
The Samsung Chromebook is a cool designed Chromebook which is the best one for Linux. It has all the features that make it the perfect choice for software developers. With a display screen of 12.3 inches and a resolution of 2400 x 1600 pixels the screen gives crisp and perfect visuals.
The size and weight of this laptop are just enough to fit any bag. It has a size of 11.06 x 8.72 x 0.55 inches and a weight of 2.38 pounds. Its feather-like weight makes it immensely portable.
Talking about the brain of the laptop that is the processor, this laptop gives a powerful performance due to the Intel Core M5Y10 processor. This processor runs on a speed of 2.2 GHz. Moreover, the CPU of this laptop is also worth noticing. Intel HD Graphics 515 is present in this device.
For fast processing the laptop has enough RAM and storage. The device has a RAM of 4GB which gives fast processing for the laptop. Storage of 16GB gives enough space to store all your data.
In terms of ports, on the left hand of the laptop has a headset jack, 1 USB-C port, and a Micro SD Memory card. While on the right-hand side, the laptop has a USB-C port. With all of these, one can do all types of data processing.
Lastly, the battery life of this laptop is also good enough for extensive use. It goes on around for 7 hours so that you can peacefully work. You would really not regret your decision after buying this amazing laptop. You would surely not regret your decision of buying this laptop.
6. Dell Inspiron 11 Chromebook
- Typical 11. 6 inch HD(1366 x 768) Non-Touchscreen Display. Intel HD Graphics 400
- Intel Celeron N3060 Dual Core Processor (1. 6GHz with turbo upto 2. 48GHz) with 4GB Memory, 16GB eMMC,
- 1x Audio Jack, 1x HDMI, 2x USB 3. 0 Type-A, 1x SD card Reader,
- Wireless-AC( 3x faster than Wireless-N), Bluetooth, Build-in HD webcam with two microphones.
- Chrome OS. 3-Cell Lithium-ion battery. Color: Black. Item weight: 3. 09lb
The Dell Inspiron is a great Chromebook for users who seek durability, reliability, and speed above all features. The design of the Chromebook has rounded corners which avoids any bumps when if in case it falls during daily use. Moreover, the reason for it being on this list is its capacity to run Linux.
This 11.6-inch screen size Chromebook is just perfect to throw and fit in any bad. Its display has a resolution of 1366 x 768. Moreover, the size and weight of this laptop are also just ideals for that of a laptop. It has a size of 11 x 8 x 8 inches and a weight of 4.40 pounds.
The high-speed processing of this Chromebook is as a result of it being loaded with Intel Celeron 3865U processor. This processor runs at a frequency of 2.48GHz. If we talk about the GPU of this device, it has Intel HD Graphics 400, with the help of which you get amazing quality.
The processor is equipped with a RAM of size 4GB which results in high speed processing. Storage size of 128GB allows you to keep your data on your device. You can easily and swiftly backups up your data and your system also boots up in seconds.
For connectivity the laptop has a decent number of ports present on both of its sides. It has 1 Audio jack, 1 HDMI, 2 x USB 3.0 Type-A, and 1 x SD card reader. These allow you to transfer and retrieve data at fast speeds.
Finally, we talk about the battery life of this laptop. It can stay unplugged for up to 12 hours straight. Thus you never have to worry about charging when at work. This laptop is perfect for your professional use.
7. HP Chromebook 14
- Power to work and play all day: all the power you need to stay productive and entertained on a seamless Chrome experience
- Daily dose of entertainment: immerse yourself in Dual speakers and audio by B&O play, and easily share your screen with a flexible hinge that allows up to 180-degree rotation
- Processor: AMD Dual-Core a4-9120, 2.2GHz up to 2.5GHz
- Display: 14.0-Inch diagonal HD SVA anti-glare WLED-backlit Display (1366x768)
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM (not upgradable)
- Hard Drive: 32 GB eMMC
- Battery life: up to 9 hours and 15 minutes (mixed usage)
- Dimensions AND weight (unpackaged): 13.27 in (W) x 8.93 in (D) x 0.72 in (H); 3.40 pounds
- Operating System: Chrome OS
- Warranty: 1-year limited hardware warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
Are you in search of an amazing Chromebook with all the outclass features? Well, then this HP Chromebook is a good decision for people who value their money. The Chromebook has a display of 14-inches and a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels which provides some really good visuals. The size and weight of this laptop are just ideal. A size of 8.9 x 13.3 x 0.7 inches and a weight of 3 pounds makes this laptop immensely portable. This Chromebook could be a good travel partner.
For a laptop to be fast, its processor must be fast enough. For your ease this Chromebook comes with a powerful processor that is an A-series Dual Core A4 processor that works on a frequency of 2.2GHz. The presence of AMD Radeon R4 GPU manages to display high-quality visuals.
For fast processing and storage the laptop has a decent amount of RAM and storage. It has a RAM of size 4GB for fast speed. On the other hand, a storage of 32GB is present which is just enough to run Linux.
For connectivity the laptop has a good number of ports. It has 2 USB 2.0 ports present for east data transferring. Finally, we talk about the battery life of this laptop, it has an amazing battery life of 9 hours.
8. ASUS Chromebook Flip C302
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5 inches full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance with a bright backlit illuminated keyboard
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated upto 10 hours
- Make sure latest chrome version is upto date and is using the device in stable channel
- Note: Check user manual in technical specification before use
Are you looking for a perfect Chromebook to run Linux? Thus flexible ASUS Chromebook that comes with a 360-degree hinge and full HD touchscreen that would take your experience to another level.
The Full HD screen has a size of 12.5-inch and a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The Chromebook has a size of 8.3 x 12 x 0.5 inches and its weight of 2.65 pounds makes it an extremely portable device.
Talking about the processor of the laptop, it has Intel Core m3 that gives it the blazing speed it works at. The processor runs at a frequency of 2.2GHz. If we talk about the GPU of this laptop, it has Intel HD Graphics 515.
Moving over to the RAM and storage of this laptop. The laptop has a decent amount of RAM that is around 4GB. For storage the laptop has 64GB with the help of which you can easily run all your software including Linux.
For connectivity the laptop as a decent number of ports. It has 2 USB Type-C ports and also a micro SD card reader. This Chromebook is said to start within seconds and lasts all day long due to its outstanding battery. The battery life of this laptop is estimated to be around 10 hours so you never have to wait before working.
So these were some of the best Chromebooks for Linux. We have mentioned all the specifications so that you can pick up the best one for you. You have all the details you need to make a wise decision in order to select the best Chromebook. No matter whichever model you purchase, all of these are good enough to not let you regret your decision once you have purchased the best one. To help yourself, you can weigh the specifications against each other. Your comments are very valuable for us and we would like to hear from you.