Best laptops for nursing students are becoming a must-have item for most students. The COVID 19 has emphasized the absolute necessity of having laptops at home to the worldwide student community.
You’ll need a laptop if you’re a nursing student. Not just any laptop, but one that will help you succeed in nursing school rather than annoy you.
You don’t need a high-end i9-powered laptop; all you need is something that can run Microsoft Office programs like Word, Powerpoint, and Excel, as well as perform some Internet browsing for research and other academic tasks.
Daily, nursing students are overwhelmed with a variety of responsibilities, ranging from random reports to capstone projects, examinations, and, of course, those horrible lectures, which is likely why you’re looking for a laptop.
You’ll need the lightest laptop available with the greatest battery life, as well as a magnificent display capable of displaying several images at once and a keyboard that makes typing a pleasure.
- Best Laptops For Biology Majors & Students
- 8 Best Laptops for Electrical Engineering Students
- 10 Best Laptops for Accounting & Business Students
- Best Laptops for Computer Science Students
- 10 Best Laptops for Lawyers and Law Students
- 7 Best Laptops for Architects and Architecture Students
Best Laptops For Nursing Students:
Before you spend your time exploring the market, have a look at the list below for a selection of capable modern laptops that would be ideal for a nursing student’s needs.
1. Google Pixelbook Go
One of the best laptops for nursing students is Google’s Pixelbook Go. It allows you to go without charging for up to 12 hours, eliminating the need to carry a charger; when you do need to charge, it provides up to 2 hours of battery life in only 20 minutes, allowing you to keep going.
Chromebook laptop that weighs just over 2 pounds and is only 13 millimeters thick, with a grip-able design that makes it simpler to carry.
Chrome OS automatically updates to provide you with the latest features and security, due to the Titan C security chip and built-in antivirus software.
The 8th Generation Intel Core Processor powers everything you do and starts up in seconds so it’s always ready when you are.
The Pixelbook Go is a quiet and comfortable laptop featuring a backlit keyboard and ultra-silent keys, as well as a large touchpad that requires only a light touch to operate.
The stunning HD touchscreen display and twin stereo speakers deliver an incredible picture and sound quality.
- Pixelbook Go lets you stay unplugged for up to 12 hours  so you don't need to carry a charger; when you do need a charge, get up to 2 hours of battery use in just 20 minutes so you can keep going 
- Lightweight Chromebook laptop that's barely 2 pounds and 13 millimeter thin with a grippable design making it easier to carry
- Protects your data passwords, and information with the Titan C security chip and built-in antivirus software; Chrome OS updates automatically to give you the latest features and security 
- Starts up in seconds so it's always ready when you are; the 8th Gen Intel Core Processor is quick and responsive powering everything you do
- Pixelbook Go is a quiet and comfortable laptop with a backlit keyboard ultra quiet keys, and and a spacious touchpad that only needs a light touch
- Get amazing picture and sound with the brilliant HD touchscreen display and dual stereo speakers so you can watch movies edit photos, or video chat with the 1080p webcam
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g. , , etc.)
- This Google Product features the Google Seal for Online Marketplace when purchased from a seller other than Amazon.
2. LG LCD Laptop
You may be needed to bring your equipment to hospitals where recharging the battery is not always possible owing to the demanding circumstances as a nursing student. This is where the LG Gram 15, which is most renowned for its extremely strong battery, comes in as a useful item.
LG collaborated with Intel to create a cutting-edge CPU that boosts performance while reducing power consumption. Lightweight laptops can now accomplish more than ever before due to increased performance.
Beyond just using a password, you can easily and securely protect your data. The fingerprint reader on the LG Gram makes it simple to quickly boot up and log in. To log in or power up your laptop from sleep mode, simply press the power button.
Boost your productivity by turning on the lights. See every area of your keyboard as clearly as day, whether it’s for a late-night work session, a night flight, or bedtime emails.
The outstanding battery pack, however, which can last up to 21 hours on a single charge, is what sticks out. Overall, the LG Gram 15 isn’t the most powerful or beefed-up device on the market, but because of its legitimate ‘day-long battery’ tag, it more than holds its own in the academic realm.
- 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS LCD Screen
- Windows 10 Home( 64bit)
- Intel 10th Generation i5-10210U CPU with Intel UHD grapics
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512G M.2 NVMe SSD
- Up to 21 Hour Battery Life (72Wh Lithium Battery)
3. Acer Swift 3
With its sleek magnesium-aluminum alloy chassis and long battery life, the Swift 3 laptop is the ideal companion for individuals on the move.
With an AMD Ryzen 7 4700U CPU and a long-lasting battery for hours of work, this portable laptop weighs only 2.6 pounds and is only 0.63 inches thick. On its 14″ Full HD IPS display, the sleek silver chassis displays eye-popping visuals for a multimedia experience to remember.
More on-less is something to keep an eye out for. You can see more of the vibrant 14″ 16:9 FHD IPS screen thanks to the 0.21″ thin bezels and a whopping 82.73 percent screen-to-body ratio.
You don’t want to be concerned about your laptop failing to function as expected when you’re on the go. The Swift 3 has enough power to get you through a full day of work and enjoyment. From day to night, you’ll have up to 11.5 hours of battery life to go through all of your daily chores.
The Swift 3’s chassis contains a significant amount of power. For productivity and content production, it has up to 8 ultra-responsive “Zen 2” CPU cores. With the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U CPU, you can speed up everything.
- AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa-Core Mobile Processor (Up to 4.1 GHz) with Radeon Graphics; 8GB LPDDR4 Memory; 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 14" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display (1920 x 1080 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Intel wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax; HD webcam (1280 x 720); Backlit keyboard; Fingerprint reader
- 1 - USB Type-C port USB 3. 2 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB Type-C and USB Charging, 1- USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (featuring power-off charging), 1 - USB 2. 0 port and 1 - HDMI port
- Just 0.63" thin and 2.65 pounds and up to 11.5 hours of battery life
4. Lenovo IdeaPad 3
If you’re on a limited budget and all you want is a laptop that’s quick to respond and has a beautiful display to work with at home, the ideal weight and form factor may not be a necessity.
It is equipped with an AMD Ryzen 3 3250U CPU and Radeon Vega 3 graphics card. AMD’s multi-core processing capability provides tremendous bandwidth for getting more done faster and in several apps at the same time.
What matters is that the hardware is current, and this model includes a 3rd generation Ryzen processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 128 GB SSD, which is sufficient for studying purposes.
With a real shutter on your webcam, it will protect your privacy when you need it. For your pleasure, the 15.6″ HD (1366 x 768) screen with minimal side bezels and Dolby Audio provides excellent images and crystal-clear sound.
It comes with a 128 GB SSD M.2 NVMe drive and 4 GB DDR4 RAM, as well as Windows 10. If that’s the case, you’ve got a lot of possibilities. Most cheap laptops with contemporary hardware for simple jobs and students cost between 350 and 500 dollars if they’re Windows laptops, and 200 to 350 dollars if they’re Chromebooks.
- Powered by the latest AMD Ryzen 3 3250U processor with Radeon Vega 3 graphics, the AMD multi-core processing power offers incredible bandwidth for getting more done faster, in several applications at once
- The 15. 6" HD (1366 x 768) screen with narrow side bezels and Dopoundsy Audio deliver great visuals and crystal-clear sound for your entertainment
- 128 GB SSD M.2 NVMe storage and 4 GB DDR4 memory; Windows 10 installed
- Keep your privacy intact with a physical shutter on your webcam for peace of mind when you need it
- Stay connected: 2x2 Wi-Fi 5 (802. 11 ac/ac(LC)) and Bluetooth 4.1; webcam with microphone; 3 USB ports, HDMI and SD card reader
5. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
Every nursing student should have a Surface Pro 7. This laptop belongs to the next-generation best-in-class laptop category. Drawing, writing, working and noting nursing advice is simple with this flexible model.
Next-generation laptop with studio and tablet functionality, allowing you to type, touch, draw, write, create, and play more.
With a 10th generation Intel core CPU, it’s faster than the Surface Pro 6, redefining what’s possible in a tiny, light computer.
With USB-c and USB-a connections for connecting to displays, docking stations, and other devices, as well as accessory connectors, there are additional options to connect. As a result, it’s simple to link it to a variety of different devices. With the addition of a Bluetooth 5.0 connector, you may connect a variety of hotspot devices to it when you require internet access.
You’ll also get access to the 10th generation Intel Core pro 6 CPU, which is extremely fast. In comparison to other laptop models, the small, elegant form makes it easier to carry.
The stand holder support supplied at the rear of your laptop screen is quite a clever option, even if the laptop’s display screen is 12.3″ inches with extra pen input, which might not be as broad as other laptop display displays.
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer. Wireless : Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax compatible. Bluetooth Wireless 5.0 technology
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds.Aspect ratio: 3:2
- All-day battery life upto 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80% in just over an hour
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below).
6. ASUS Chromebook Flip C436
The ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 is a portable laptop developed for nursing students. For optimum comfort and flexibility, it may be used as a laptop, tablet, tent, stand, or entertainment center.
With a 10th Gen Intel Core i3 Processor, this ASUS Chromebook Flip C436 can run for up to 12 hours on a single charge. It’s a content producer and programmer’s Chromebook with extreme processing capability.
With your Chromebook Flip C436, you’ll get a free 12-month Google One membership with 100GB of storage and exclusive offers. By 1/31/2022, Google’s offer will have expired.
All of the benefits of a 14-inch FHD display in a 13-inch chassis are due to the four-sided NanoEdge display architecture. At barely 2.5 pounds, it is lightweight.
The value of design and comfort cannot be emphasized. It features a precision-crafted magnesium-alloy chassis and a v-shaped dual-tapered construction that makes it easy to open.
It also has a backlit keyboard and a fingerprint reader integrated into the power button.
- 14 inch touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-sided “frameless” NanoEdge Display around each side of the display that allows for a 14 inch screen to fit in the body of a 13 inch laptop footprint
- The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- Powered by the Intel Core i3-10110U Processor (4M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz) plus on board Gigplus Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) plus Bluetooth 5.0 for super-fast and snappy performance.
- 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 8GB RAM, and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) ports plus an illuminated chiclet keyboard (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- The lightweight (2.58 lbs) magnesium-alloy chassis body makes the C436 both durable and beautiful for a timeless look that will never go out of style
Buying Guide For Best Laptops For Nursing Students:
When buying a laptop for a nursing student, there are a few things to keep in mind. As a normal nursing student, you’ll need a laptop that’s under 5 pounds, has a full HD display, and an Intel Core i3 CPU with at least 8GB RAM. To attend virtual classes, several institutions recommend that laptops include an integrated webcam and microphone.
The system software specifies if the laptop runs Microsoft’s Windows, Apple’s Mac OS, or Google’s Chrome OS.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that the operating system you choose must meet your nursing school’s requirements. You can choose the laptop you can afford based on what your university allows.
You won’t be running any software or programs that require a lot of processing power. However, it would continue to be used by the operating system and other programs.
However, the display quality is determined by your preferences. As someone who spends a lot of time in front of these mobile devices, we believe that a full HD display will protect your eyes. Keep in mind that you’ll be staring at the screen all day, so the images and text must be sharp.
It is the most significant characteristic. You should go for the lightest one. That way, you’ll be able to bring it with you wherever you go, even to every lecture, ensuring that you don’t miss any important information that may arise during the test.
This is sometimes neglected, yet it is critical. You should consider how easily you can move the laptop around with you.
You’d think that simply because it’s a laptop, it wouldn’t be a big deal. However, notebooks exist in a variety of forms and sizes, as well as weight.
For the majority of the work you’ll be doing while in nursing school, 8GB RAM will enough. For optimal multitasking, we recommend getting the devices with 16GB RAM. There are also 32GB and 64GB RAM devices on the market; you won’t need them unless you’re doing CPU + GPU intensive jobs like 4K video editing, machine learning, and other similar things.
You could believe you won’t need to multitask all that much. Reconsider your position. You’ll be multitasking with the computer a lot in nursing school.
Remarkably, battery life is still an issue with devices in this day and age. Your laptop dying during a paper is the very last thing you need.
The good news is that outlets are frequently available. Even so, be sure your laptop can endure long periods without being connected.
Ensure that your laptop’s battery lasts at least 6 hours. If you’re not close to an outlet, this is an excellent balance to ensure you can manage a day of courses or a long study session unplugged.
This is the part of the laptop that performs the task you’ve given. As a result, having a bad/low-end processor might result in an extremely sluggish laptop.
You should pay attention to three different processor models. They’re from Intel’s Core i series of processors.
- The Core i3 is the entry-level CPU, thus it’ll be found in less expensive PCs (it’s also the slowest).
- The mid-tier CPU is the Core i5, while the high-end processor is the Core i7 (the quickest one of the group).
- The Core i7 processor is found in higher-end PCs. They will, however, be the more powerful devices.
Upgrade to the Core i7 otherwise, the Core i5 will be enough for day-to-day nursing student work.
If at all possible, stay away from the core i3. Between the Core i3 and the Core i5, there is a considerable difference. If you’re getting a Chromebook, a Core i3 will suffice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The few frequently asked questions can help you choose the best laptops for nursing students in 2021.
For nursing school, what type of laptop is required?
You may be required to attend medical camps in the outdoors as a nursing intern. A matte panel, especially with touch support, allows you to keep track of drug interactions, patient management, and drug guidelines without being restricted by your vision. In most nursing schools, students’ laptops must include the following features:
- Any new Mac or Windows laptop with an updated operating system should work.
- An Intel i5 Core-compatible CPU.
- 8 GB of RAM
- Hard disc capacity: 250 GB
Is it good to learn nursing on a Chromebook?
We recommend the Chromebook laptop for college nursing students who get their class assignments via an online portal. This Chromebook belongs to the mid-range. It’s tough and has long battery life.
Every nursing application and resource is supported by Windows 10 laptops. Students are progressively dependent on online and cloud-based resources, due to the availability of SaaS systems. This is where a decent Chromebook comes in useful, as it allows you to be more expressive by allowing you to use cloud storage, online document management tools, and other features.
For nursing students and professionals, which laptop form factor is best?
A nursing student might benefit from a lightweight convertible with a 14-inch display. Convertibles or 2-in-1s, as opposed to clamshell notebooks, support a variety of form factors as well as sensitive touch capabilities. This feature allows you to position the device according to your needs when using it in laptop or tablet mode, as and when necessary.
We understand that shortlisting the desired product can be extremely difficult at times, especially with today’s technology and competition. You have the most options for selecting the best laptops for nursing students to buy in 2021 if you conduct thorough research and analysis.
Take a look at the list of laptop brands in our product list for more information on this. After going through the full list, you may find yourself shortlisting the best laptop to get for yourself.