The user’s screen reportedly turns green as he is watching a video, according to multiple accounts. The problem is not unique to one OS or collection of devices (like Windows, Mac, Android, Xbox, iOS, etc.). Sometimes the problem is limited to full-screen viewing of the video. When the problem arises, either a green screen covers the entire YouTube video or green bars are seen all over it.
The primary reasons why your YouTube video can have a green screen are as follows:
- Hardware acceleration of the Browser or System: YouTube videos may have a green screen if the hardware acceleration the browser uses to increase its video output is incompatible with the display.
- System’s Outdated or Corrupt Graphics Driver: The current green screen issue may be brought on by the system’s out-of-date or corrupt graphics driver.
- Outdated OS of the Device or System: An outdated OS may be incompatible with YouTube, which could result in a green screen in a YouTube video.
- Corrupt Browser or YouTube App Installation: The problem under discussion may be brought on by a corrupt browser (such as Chrome) or YouTube app installation (such as the Xbox YouTube app).
Cold restart the device/System along with the networking hardware
YouTube videos may occasionally have green screens due to a transient compatibility issue between the system/device and networking equipment. The issue may be fixed by performing a cold restart of the system/device and networking equipment.
- Disconnect the gadget’s cable from the power source after turning the system (like a MacBook) or device (such an Xbox) off.
- The networking devices (such as a router, extender, etc.) should now be turned off, and the power cable should be disconnected from the power source.
Update Windows on the computer to the Latest Build
If the PC’s Windows is obsolete, you might see YouTube green screen because the OS’s incompatibility with the other modules (especially the graphics driver) may have been the root of the problem. Here, updating Windows on the computer to the most recent build can fix the issue.
- Open Check for Updates, type, and click Windows.
Activate Check for Updates
- Now click on Check for Updates in the right pane of the Windows update tab, and if updates are available (including optional updates), install them.
Disable the Video Decoder Flag of Chrome
As the issue is occurring only in video, despite disabling the complete hardware acceleration feature, just disabling its video decode flag may do the trick.
- Launch the Chrome browser and enter the following in its address bar:
- Now set the dropdown of Hardware-Accelerated Video Decode to Disabled and relaunch Chrome.
Restart your computer when the PC’s Windows has been updated, and then check to see if the YouTube green screen issue has been resolved.
If not, update the Microsoft Store applications and then see if the YouTube green screen issue has been resolved. If not, and the problem is with the YouTube app in the Microsoft Store, update the Microsoft Store apps.
If a browser is where the YouTube green screen issue is occuring, then the incompatibility of that particular browser with YouTube may be to blame. Here, switching to a different browser might help YouTube’s green screen disappear.
Install a different browser on your computer by downloading it (if already not installed).
Then open a different browser and see if the YouTube green screen issue has been resolved.
Disable the browser’s hardware acceleration
In the event that the hardware acceleration of the browser is unable to correctly process YouTube’s data packets, you can see the green screen problem. In this instance, you can resolve the green YouTube issue by turning off hardware acceleration in the browser.
We will go over how to stop hardware acceleration in the Chrome browser (you can follow the steps according to the problematic browser) and in the system’s Internet Options in order to clarify (if the issue is also occurring in all other browsers in the system). Remember that turning off hardware acceleration in a browser might cause other unanticipated problems.
Disable Chrome’s Video Decoder Flag
Even though the hardware acceleration capability has been completely disabled, the problem only affects video, therefore simply turning off the video decode flag might solve the problem.
- Launch Chrome and type these commands into the address bar:
- Relaunch Chrome after changing the Hardware-Accelerated Video Decode selection to Disabled.
Flag for Disabling Hardware-Accelerated Video Decoding
After relaunching, check to see if the YouTube video green screen issue has been fixed.
Disable hardware acceleration in Chrome
- Expand the menu after opening the Chrome browser.
After selecting Settings, expand the Advanced tab in the left pane.
The Chrome Settings window
- Switch Hardware Acceleration to off in the right pane by going to the System tab and doing so..
Open the Internet Options on your computer.
- Now select the Advanced tab and under Accelerated Graphics, click the box for Use Software Rendering Rather Than GPU Rendering.
Change the system’s mouse pointer size.
YouTube videos may have green screens if a system’s accessibility features don’t function properly with YouTube (especially on a Mac) (particularly, in Full-Screen mode). In this scenario, altering the size of the mouse pointer on the machine might fix the problem. As an illustration, we’ll go over how to change the Mac’s mouse pointer size.
- Open the Mac’s System Preferences and select Accessibility.
Open the Mac’s Accessibility Preferences.
- Now navigate to the Display tab in the left pane, and in the right pane, slightly increase the size of the mouse pointer.
Mac users can alter the cursor size.
- After that, check to see if the YouTube videos have any green displays.
Altering the Mac’s colour profile
YouTube green screen may result from the Mac’s colour profile distorting the colours of a YouTube video. Here, altering the Mac’s colour profile can help to fix the issue.
- Launch the Mac’s System Preferences and select Display.
Open Mac’s System Preferences and select Displays.
- Go to the Color tab now, then select the Display Profile dropdown.
- Set a non-default profile, such as Generic RGB Profile, and then verify that YouTube videos’ green screens are removed.
Mac Display Profile Modification
- Whether not, see if turning off Night Shift in System Preferences’ Display tab fixes the YouTube problem.
Cripple Night Shift in Mac
- In the event that the issue continues, check assuming changing the variety profile in the ColorSync utility of Mac tackles the issue.
Match the Resolution of the Video to the Display Resolution
On the off chance that the video’s goal bungles the presentation’s goal, it might bring about YouTube green screen. Here, altering the goal of the video or show (like a Xbox show) to match the other may tackle the issue.
Change the Video Resolution in YouTube
- Send off YouTube and play a hazardous video.
- Presently select Settings and grow Quality
Open Quality of a Video in YouTube
- Then, at that point, set another quality (like 720 assuming the issue is happening in 1080) and check on the off chance that the YouTube video is clear of the green screen.
Attempt Different Resolutions of a YouTube Video
- In the event that not, check assuming utilizing any of different goals tackles the issue.
Change the Video Resolution of the Device or System
For delineation, we will examine the interaction to set the result goal of a Xbox show.
- Send off the Xbox Guide and select Profile and System.
- Presently open Settings and select TV and Display Options (under General)
Open TV and Display Options of Xbox
- Then, at that point, open Resolution and select the ideal goal (like 4K)
Change the Display Resolution of Xbox
- Presently check assuming the green screen issue in YouTube recordings is cleared.
- In the event that not, check if setting the showcase choices to HDMI (instead of Recommended) and changing the goal to 1080P 60Hz takes care of the issue.
Reinstall the Graphics Driver
On the off chance that the designs driver of your framework is bad, it can cause the green screen in a YouTube video. Here, reinstalling the designs driver might clear the green screen blunder in YouTube.
Reinstall the Latest Graphics Driver
- Right-click Windows and select Device Manager.
- Presently, extend the Display Adapters tab and right-click on the illustrations gadget.
- Then select Uninstall Device and mark of approval Delete the Driver Software of This Device.
- Presently click on Uninstall and stand by till the driver is uninstalled
Uninstall Graphics Driver and Delete its Driver Software
- Then, at that point, right-click on Windows and open Apps and Features
Open Apps and Features
- Presently grow the GPU-related utility (like GeForce Experience) and snap on Uninstall
Uninstall Nvidia GeForce Experience
- Then affirm to uninstall the utility and follow the prompts on the screen to uninstall it.
- Once finished, restart your PC and upon restart, let the Windows introduce a conventional illustrations driver (in the event that it attempts to).
- Presently check assuming the YouTube issue is settled.
- In the event that not, download the most recent item unambiguous driver from the OEM site and when downloaded, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Then follow the prompts on the screen to finish the establishment and whenever requested to, make a point to decide to Perform a Clean Installation of the designs driver.
Play out a Clean Installation of Nvidia
- Once introduced, restart your PC, and upon restart, check assuming YouTube is clear of the green screen issue.
On the off chance that that didn’t work and there is more than one showcase connector (empower survey of stowed away gadgets) displayed in the Device Manager, then, at that point, check if crippling/eliminating other presentation connectors gets out the issue.
Reinstall the Older Graphics Driver
On the off chance that the issue continues to happen with the reinstallation of the most recent designs driver, the inconsistency of the most recent driver with the OS can cause the YouTube green screen. In this specific situation, reinstalling a more established rendition of the illustrations driver might tackle the issue.
- Right off the bat, download a more seasoned form of the illustrations driver and concentrate it.
- Then uninstall the designs driver (as talked about above) and restart your System.
- Upon restart, right-click on Windows and select Device Manager.
- Then grow Display Adapters and right-click on the illustrations gadget.
- Presently click on Update Driver and select Browse My Computer for Drivers
Select Browse My Computer for Drivers
- Then, at that point, click on Browse and steer to the catalog where the more established driver was extricated in sync
- Presently click on OK and afterward click on Next.
- When the more established driver is introduced, restart your PC and upon restart, check assuming the green screen in the YouTube video is cleared.
- In the event that not, right-click on the realistic card in the Display Adapter tab of the Device Manager and select Update Driver.
- Presently click on Let Me Pick from a List of Available Drivers on My Computer and select one more driver in the rundown.
Allow Me To pick from a List of Available Drivers on My Computer
- Then, at that point, restart your PC and upon restart, check assuming YouTube is turned out great.
- On the off chance that that didn’t work, check if utilizing every one of the drivers (individually) in the drivers’ rundown (stages 9 and 10) takes care of the issue.
In the event that the issue continues to happen, check assuming lessening the GPU power limit help in an overclocking utility (like MSI Afterburner) clears the green screen issue.
Reinstall the Browser
The YouTube green screen issue could happen assuming the program’s establishment is bad. For this situation, reinstalling the program might take care of the YouTube issue. For explanation, we will examine the cycle to uninstall the Chrome program.
- Right off the bat, reinforcement the fundamental data (bookmarks, site logins, and so forth) in the program.
- Presently, right-click on Windows and select Apps and Features.
- Then extend Chrome and snap on Uninstall.
Uninstall Chrome in the System Settings
1. Presently affirm to uninstall Chrome and follow the prompts on the screen to finish the cycle.
2. Once finished, restart your PC and upon restart, right-click Windows and open Run.
Open the Run Command Box from the Quick Access Menu
1. Presently explore to the accompanying way:
Erase the Chrome Folder in the AppData Directory
- Then erase the Chrome organizer and steer to the accompanying catalog in the Run order box:
- /program documents (x86)/google
- Presently erase the Chrome envelope and download the most recent installer of the Chrome program.
- Then, at that point, introduce and send off Chrome (don’t sign in) to check assuming the YouTube green screen issue is settled.
- In the event that not, check on the off chance that uninstalling Chrome with an outsider uninstaller (like Revo Uninstaller) and reinstalling it tackles the issue.
- In the event that the issue continues to happen, check assuming utilizing a more established form of Chrome clears the green screen issue.
- Reinstall the YouTube App on Device or Console
- On account of a YouTube application, the bad establishment of the application could be causing the green screens in YouTube recordings, and reinstalling the equivalent might tackle the issue. For delineation, we will examine the cycle to reinstall the YouTube application on a Xbox.
- Send off My Games and Apps in Xbox and select the YouTube application.
- Presently press the Menu button on the regulator and in the menu shown, select Uninstall.
Uninstall YouTube on Xbox
11. Then, at that point, stand by till the YouTube application is uninstalled and a while later, restart your control center.
12. Upon restart, reinstall the YouTube application and send off it to check assuming that the green screen issue in the YouTube video is cleared. In the event that the application can’t be uninstalled on the gadget (like Android), check if resetting the YouTube application to its defaults or uninstalling its updates tackle the issue.
13. On the off chance that the issue continues, you might reset the gadget to the processing plant defaults or play out a perfect establishment of the framework’s OS.
You Can Also Check: Why Does My Computer Fan Keep Running?