If your Caps lock on your keyboard is in reverse, there are a multitude of reasons for this to occur, including a jammed shift key or a software mistake. While I am unable to provide you with a specific reason for your problem, I can assist you in your efforts to determine what is causing it and, hopefully, how to resolve it.
Instead, I’ve put together a quick list of things you may try that are based on frequent reverse caps user scenarios and should help you resolve the issue.
Are you unable to turn off the Caps Lock key on your computer because it has been stuck, and you are looking for a solution to your problem? If you are, in fact, experiencing this problem, you have arrived at the appropriate location. Users of Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system have also reported experiencing the same type of issue on their computers. By transferring the control of the ‘Caps Lock key to the ‘Shift’ key, you may quickly and easily resolve this issue. In no time at all, you will have resolved the issue on your computer by following the steps outlined above. However, before proceeding, you should try out some of these workarounds to see how they perform under different conditions-
1. The Shift key, which is located on the right side of your laptop, should be held down while you push the Caps Lock button. This also activates Reverse Caps Lock in your system, which may help to resolve the problem.
2. Connect the keyboard back to the computer after it has been disconnected. Check to see if the ‘Caps Lock‘ key is functional at this point.
3. To test this, try plugging in the keyboard with another laptop or computer and seeing whether or not there is still an issue with the ‘Caps Lock’ key. Your keyboard should be replaced if the problem continues to be persistent.
4. Restart your computer to complete the process. Check to see if it is beneficial or not.
If none of the previously mentioned workarounds were successful, consider the following solution-
Fix-Change Advanced key settings on your computer-
You may be able to resolve this issue on your computer by altering the advanced key settings on your computer system.
- To launch the Settings window, press the Windows key plus I at the same time.
- Now, select “Time & Language” from the drop-down menu.
- In the Settings window, on the left-hand side, select “Language,” and then, on the right-hand side, scroll down to the section labelled “Choose an input method to always use as default” and click on it.
- Now, scroll down to the “Input language hotkeys” section and click on it to bring up the Advanced key settings panel.
- Under the ‘To turn off Caps Lock‘ options in the Text Services and Input Language box, select “Press the SHIFT key” from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, click on the “Apply” and “OK” buttons to save the modifications to your computer’s hard drive.
It will now be possible to switch off “Caps Lock” on your computer by simply pressing the “Shift” key on your keyboard while holding down the “Shift” key on your keyboard. Your situation will be rectified.
You can also download this PC Repair tool to Locate and Fix any PC issue:
Step 1 – Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool from here
Step 2 – To discover and fix any PC issues automatically, click on the Start Scan button.