The ability to link your laptop to your television is a fantastic feature. Of course, you could always use the HDMI connections and ports to project the display from your laptop onto a larger screen. The usage of wireless technology is always preferable, and thankfully there are several options available to choose from in this regard. With a plethora of wireless alternatives and the ability to cast to your Vizio Smart TV, life is much more enjoyable. Take a look at how to wirelessly connect your laptop to the Vizio Smart TV to see what you can learn.
What are the benefits of connecting your laptop to your Vizio Smart TV? For starters, you may simply have a fantastic visual experience on a large screen when watching sports, movies, or even playing video games on a computer. Despite this, you may experience some input lag when playing games on your television. And, because you will be connecting your laptop to the television, you will be able to do so from practically any section of the room and will not be restricted to a specific location or location. Many individuals prefer the wireless technique because it eliminates the need for cords and may be used at any time of day or night. Check out this video to see how to connect a laptop to the Vizio Smart TV using wireless technology.
Connect Laptop to Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly
There are a number of different methods that can be utilized to connect to the Vizio Smart TV via wireless connectivity. Look at the following examples to see what I mean.
Connect to Vizio Smart TV via Chromecast
- First, make sure that your laptop and the Vizio Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Now, on your laptop, open up the google chrome browser. If you do not have it, you can install it for free.
- With the Chrome browser running, select the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the browser.
- From the menu, you will see an option called Cast. Click on it.
- The Cast tab will now begin to look for wireless displays that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- When you spot your Vizio Smart TV, select it.
- You will now be given an option to choose to cast between the current tab or tabs and the whole system.
- Choose what suits your need to cast to the TV.
- Once you do not need to cast anything from your laptop to the TV, simply click n Stop Cast to end the session.
Connect to Vizio Smart TV via Miracast
Windows laptops are pre-installed with Miracast, which is an alternative to Chromecast and may be used to wirelessly screen or project the screen of your laptop onto your Vizio Smart TV. Here’s how to connect your Vizio Smart TV to your home network using Miracast technology.
1. Navigate to the Action Center, which can be accessible from the taskbar on your computer.
2. When you open it, you will see the Project tile on the left-hand side. Choose one of these.
3. Add Wireless Display will now appear on the screen. This is the option you want to use. However, you must ensure that both your laptop and your 4. Vizio Smart TV are linked to the same Wi-Fi network before proceeding.
5. Once you’ve located your Vizio Smart TV on the list, all you have to do is choose what you want to do with it. Depending on your needs, you can duplicate or extend your screen display, or you can utilize your television as your primary display, with the laptop screen displaying nothing.
6. As an alternative, you can press the Windows + K keys simultaneously to bring up the Cast menu, which will search for nearby wireless displays.
7. Remove your laptop from the Wi-Fi network or click on the linked device to unplug it from the TV to terminate casting.
This approach is compatible with both Windows 10 and the latest Windows 11.
Other methods to connect laptop to Vizio Smart TV wirelessly
There are a variety of additional options available, such as employing wireless HDMI dongles that are connected to the HDMI ports on both the laptop and the television set. However, when you have the option of using Chromecast and Miracast directly from your laptop, there is no need to purchase additional hardware in order to simply link the two devices wirelessly. You could also make use of Steam Link to accomplish your goal. However, in order to do so, you will first need to have a Steam Link device installed on your computer, followed by a controller that has been paired and connected to your laptop.
These are the two most effective methods of connecting your laptop to the Vizio Smart TV using wireless technology. You will not need to purchase any additional hardware in order to take advantage of either of these methods because they are features that are already built into Windows. The time it takes to connect your laptop to the Vizio Smart TV should be less than 2 minutes, and you should be able to get everything up and running immediately.