This article will show you how to locate your HP laptop’s battery model number. Then we’ll go over a few methods for determining which hardware will function with your specific computer model.
How Do I Know Which Battery to Buy for My HP Laptop?
When you need a new or spare battery for your HP laptop, you’ll need to know what type it is. When you try to obtain a replacement battery for your HP laptop, you won’t necessarily get the same one that came with it. You can get one based on your computer model or by inspecting the battery itself.
How to Find a Battery Model from the Laptop Model
If you don’t know your HP laptop’s specific model number, the quickest approach to figure it out is to look at it. The information you require will be found in fine print or on a sticker.
If you can’t read the model number or the sticker is missing, use your laptop to perform the following steps:
1. Start by going to the Start menu.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Choose a system.
4. Click About at the bottom of the left window.
5. Under Device Specifications, you’ll see your model number.
On the Windows 10 About screen, you may see the model number of an HP laptop.
You can do a web search for your model number and “battery” once you’ve discovered it. You can also retrieve the information you need by using a tool on HP’s website.
1. Go to the page for the HP Laptop Battery Finder.
2. Select the tab for the laptop family you own at the top of the menu.
3. On the HP Laptop Battery Finder website, there are tabs for different types of laptops.
Find your laptop model in the left column and make a note of the compatible battery item(s) next to it in the Compatible Battery section.
4. In the HP Laptop Battery Finder, select a laptop model and a compatible battery.
In the internet retailer of your choice, look for that type of battery.
How to Find an HP Laptop Battery Model on the Battery
You can check the model number of the battery if you plan on replacing it yourself. Of course, the specifics of accessing the internal components of your laptop will vary depending on the model, but here’s a general overview of how it works.
The product handbook can be downloaded from HP’s support website for comprehensive instructions.
Important: Only use this approach if you’re comfortable removing the battery, as it’s more invasive and hazardous than the prior one.
1. If you have any linked devices, turn off your computer and unhook both the charging wire and any attached gadgets.
2. Overturn the laptop.
3. Remove the rubber feet if necessary to disclose the screws.
Important: If your laptop has strip-style rubber feet, gently remove them; they can easily tear.
4. Remove all of the screws that hold the laptop’s bottom plate in place. A 00 Phillips screwdriver is normally required for this hardware.
Important: Keep track of which screws you remove from which holes, as the lengths of the screws may vary. When you rebuild your laptop, ensure sure you put them back in the identical places.
5. If required, carefully peel the bottom plate off with a small plastic tool.
6. Locate the battery, which should be on the same side as the charging port on the computer.
7. The model and power information should be listed immediately on the battery; take note of this information and look for a battery of the same type or with equal specs online or in store.
How do I find out what battery my laptop has?
The type of battery in your laptop is determined by the manufacturer and model of the device. Turn off and disconnect your laptop, and then remove the battery if you can easily locate it. A label should provide the battery’s type (most typically lithium-ion), model number, part number, voltage, and other information. If the battery isn’t easily accessible, see the website of your laptop’s manufacturer for assistance. There are other third-party programmes that can assist you figure out what kind of battery your laptop has. Battery Care is a free download, while Notebook Hardware Control is a free trial.
How do you check your laptop battery’s health?
If you have a Windows 10 laptop, you can use the built-in Battery Report tool to check the status of your battery. Enter powercfg /batteryreport /output “C:battery-report.html” into Power Shell to generate a Windows 10 Battery Report. Press and hold the Option key while clicking the battery icon on the status bar to check the health of your MacBook’s battery. Normal, Replace Soon, Replace Now, or Service Battery are the options.
How long does a laptop battery last?
The length of time your laptop battery lasts is determined by a number of factors, including its kind and usage. Laptop batteries typically last two to four years or 1,000 complete charge cycles.