How To Fix ‘Driver IRQL not less or equal? The Blue Screen of Death or BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) is an error displayed on the computer screen when something fatal happened to it.
If a solid blue background appears on the Windows 10 screen with the error message “Stop code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL,” this may indicate a problem with the system drivers.
So the questions Are How to Fix ‘Driver IRQL not less or equal?
Yes, there are many ways to fix this Driver IRQL not less or equal windows 10 or bugs.
Such errors can be especially unpleasant when you perform some important tasks. It’s good that the computer does not have to repair, but you can try to fix it yourself.
Before proceeding with the corrections, you must understand the causes of the DRIVER IRQL NOT a LESS OR EQUAL error.
Why Does The Error “DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” Appear?
As already mentioned above, the leading cause of the blue screen of death error is faulty drivers. These system programs are programmed to access the wrong hardware addresses.
But the problem is not limited only to faulty drivers; there are other reasons leading to the “blue screen of death.” What is it about?
Other causes of a Driver IRQL not less or equal windows 7 include improper software installation, device drivers, damaged system files, faulty hardware, outdated Windows system, etc.
Sometimes, the additional drive may out on your Blue Screen displays the specific driver causing the problem, but this is not always the case.
If this is a list of drivers, you will want to disable it. If it does not display it, read below.
Disabling a specific driver is harder, but here’s how you do it.
Step By Step Guide: How To Fix ‘Driver Irql Not Less Or Equal?
There are always many to fix this error, resulting in a “blue screen of death.” The first and most important and essential step is to fix the problem by updating outdated, incorrect, and faulty drivers.
To do this, you need to install updated or new drivers for your system.
It can do quickly using manual manipulations with the system settings or using a useful tool such as Advanced Driver Updater.
It will help you fix performance issues with your system caused by outdated drivers.
There are Manual Ways To Update System Drivers To Fix Driver Irql Not Less Or Equal Windows 10
Since the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error means that something is wrong with any of your system drivers, device memory, or anti-virus software on your device.
Here is a way you can try for How To Fix ‘Driver IRQL not less or equal through the update system:
To check for the latest Windows updates, follow these steps:
- Go to Start → Settings → Update and Security.
- In the “Update and Security” section, select Windows Update → Check for Updates.
- After the process is complete, reboot the system to apply the updates.
Use Device Manager To Remove Obsolete Drivers
It is always better to fix the root of the problem, and in our case, you will need to remove outdated and damaged drivers to fix the Driver IRQL not less or equal windows 10.
In most cases, outdated and unknown drivers will mark with a yellow icon in front of them. So here is how to fix the driver problem:
- Press and hold Win + R to open the Run.exe on the window.
- Enter devmgmt.msc and click OK. The “Device Manager of the computer” will appear on the tap.
- Locate the failed driver, then right-click on the name of the device and select “Remove Device.”
- Now restart your computer, and your problem is likely to be resolved.
Fix “DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” using Advanced Driver Updater
Driver IRQL not less or equal windows 7 error can be fixed through the advanced driver updater.
- Download The Advanced Driver Updater your computer, install and run it.
- On the main screen, you will see if your system drivers are current or if they are already outdated.
- If the drivers are considered outdated, you need to update them. To do this, click the “Start Scanning” button on the “Status” tab.
- The driver scan will begin.
- After the scanning is complete on your pc, you can click Update All to update all outdated drivers.
- After the process complete, you need to restart the computer to apply the necessary changes.
- You can search for outdated drivers again using the process described above. With a high probability, this will eventually solve the problem.
Fix The Error “DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” With System Recovery
In addition to updating drivers, you can also fix the “Driver IRQL not less or equal windows 10” by performing “System Restore.”
How To Fix ‘Driver IRQL not less or equal? There are maybe the error occurred due to the System recovery.
It is the last option in which the user can fix the error with this code with a few simple steps. Click Win + R and open the “Run” window and enter rstrui.exe there, then click OK.
Now click “Next” and select the recovery point created before installation. Click on the “Next” button again to restore the system to the state at the selected date and time.
Follow the instructions each by each to complete the recovery process. Restart your computer or laptop and see if the problem resolves or not.
Updating device drivers is one of the best ways to fix the blue screen of death for you computer and errors like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL.
This bug is maybe most common on Windows, and we have listed the best possible solutions to fix it in our walkthrough.
I hope you will defiantly learn How To Fix ‘Driver IRQL not less or equal? There are many techniques presented for your help.
Did this article help you? Perhaps you know some other ways to fix such errors?
Please share your quote and experiences, including thoughts in our comments.