Someone is already on TV, and you’ve planned a game night with your friends? That’s a nightmare, to say the least. It’s the most infuriating thing in the world not to be able to play on a gaming console when the TV is on.
However, owing to modern technology, you can now link your PS4 to your laptop as well. Continue reading to learn how to connect a PS4 to a laptop computer.
How To Play PS4 On The Laptop?
Since its release in 2013, the Sony Playstation 4 has become the holy grail of console gaming (nothing has beat it till yet, kudos to Sony). Although the Playstation 4 is full of unicorns and rainbows, it lacks one important feature: it is not portable.
Unlike tablets and smartphones, the Playstation 4 can only be used at home in front of the television. But what if I told you that Sony has taken your request into account, and there are ways to play the PS4 and its games on your laptop or phone?
How to Connect a PS4 to a Laptop (Vector)
Yes, you read that correctly: PS4 is now compatible with laptops and smartphones. You may connect your PS4 to your laptop in four different ways. Continue reading to learn more about it.
How To Play PS4 On Laptop Screen Via Remote Play
What if I told you that Sony has officially launched a means for you to play PlayStation wherever you are? Isn’t it incredible? Yes, Sony has abandoned all notions of a portable Playstation in favour of a simple concept.
This new concept is to allow everyone to use the Playstation on their phone or computer. It was dubbed a Remote Play by Sony. So, get your hands on this much-anticipated feature right away. Read on to learn how to play via Remote Play.
1.1 What Is Remote Play?
Sony’s new Remote Play function allows you to play PlayStation 4 games on compatible devices. Don’t worry if someone else is watching TV; you may still play your favourite games on your phone or laptop.
Before downloading and installing the Remote Play, there are several system prerequisites that should be considered. The following are the Windows system requirements:
- Windows 10 or 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit, both are acceptable)
- Intel Core i5-560M 2.67 GHz (2.50 GHz processor also works) processor or higher
- Minimum 100MB available space/storage
- Minimum 2GB RAM
- USB Port
- Sound Card
- 1024×768 resolution
1.2 How To Download Remote Play On Windows
It’s incredibly simple to download the Sony Remote Play. It is available for download through Sony’s official website. However, one thing to keep in mind is that you should choose the right operating system for your computer.
There are two options for Remote Play: Mac and Windows PC. You won’t be able to install or operate it properly if you download the incorrect version.
1.3 How To Set Up A PS4 For Remote Play
Let’s get started setting it up now that you’ve downloaded the correct version for Windows.
You can use this software to play PS4 on your laptop instead of the console. The most recent update (version 2.8) has also increased stability. So, if you’ve lately downloaded the Remote Play, you’ll get the latest version.
To install the PlayStation Remote Play for Windows, follow these steps:
1. Run the installation file once the software has been downloaded. This will bring up a new window.
2. The dialogue box (or the installer) will display the installation and setup instructions. Make sure you download the other features as well. Check the necessary options in the dialogue box to download the added features.
Following the installation, you must now configure your PS4 game system. Here’s how you can get started:
1. Navigate to the Settings menu on your PlayStation 4 console after turning it on.
2. Now, select Remote Play Connection Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the Enable Remote Play checkbox after the settings tab has opened. This will allow your PlayStation 4 to communicate with the Remote Play programme you just installed on your computer.
4. Then, from the PS4’s Settings, return to Account Management.
5. Set the PlayStation 4 as your preferred system now. Simply select Activation as Your Primary PS4 and then press the activate button.
While your console is in rest mode, you can use the Remote Play feature. Follow these steps to get started:
- Go to the PlayStation 4’s settings menu
- Then go to Power Save Settings
- Click Set Features Available in rest mode
- Check the Enable Turning on PS4 from Network and Stay Connected to the Internet checkboxes
You’re done setting up Remote Play on PlayStation after following the preceding instructions. Now it’s time to start playing!
1.4 How To Use Remote Play And Connect PS4 To Laptop
When it comes to graphics cards, heat distribution is critical. You may use a preset fan speed curveball, which causes the fan to slow down or speed up depending on the GPU temperature.
As a result, you can safely overclock the GPU without fear of damage because this feature will take care of it by deciding the cooling performance when the temperature rises.
This also enables you to save presets for subsequent usage. As a result, when you switch games, this tool will automatically configure to your selected settings.
Using remote play, connect your laptop to your PS4.
Now that you’ve completed all of the technical and time-consuming steps of downloading, installing, and configuring the Remote Play, it’s time to utilise it to run your PS4 on your laptop.
To get started with the Remote Play, follow these steps:
1. To begin, switch on your PlayStation 4. If your PS4 is equipped for it, you can also put it into rest mode (as instructed above).
2. Connect your controller to your laptop now. You can do this in one of two ways: with the DUALSHOCK USB wireless adaptor or with the USB cord.
3. Open the Remote Play Software that you previously installed on your laptop.
4. To begin, press the start button.
5. When the popup prompts you for your credentials, type them in to access your PlayStation Network account.
If you’re planning to use the Remote Play, make sure you have a good internet connection. Otherwise, you will face delays due to a slow internet connection.
2. How To Play PS4 On Laptop Using HDMI And A Video Capture Card
There’s no need to worry if you don’t meet the system requirements for Remote Play. Here’s another approach that’s quite straightforward, but it can be a little pricey.
Your laptop can be connected to the PS4 via HDMI and video capture cards. Here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll need for this technique:
- Video Capture Card
- HDMI cable
- File sharing enabled
To begin with, it permits file sharing. Go to the PS4 settings menu to do so. Then go to Networks Settings, then Internet Connection Settings. Locate and connect your internet router to it.
1. Then, using the USB port on the laptop, connect your video capture card to it. To make the card work properly, you must install the software and drivers that come with it.
2. Connect the video capture card to the PS4 at this point. To accomplish so, use a connecting cable to build an S-video connection. Then connect the HDMI IN of the capture card to the PS4’s HDMI OUT.
3. Now turn on your PS4 and launch the video capture programme on your laptop. After that, the software will look for the PS4 and display the PS4 display on the laptop screen. To view the full resolution, make sure the application is running in full screen mode.
3. Connecting Playstation 4 To A Laptop Via Playstation Now
3.1 What Is Playstation Now?
Playstation Now is similar to having a Playstation console gaming experience without having to own a Playstation console, isn’t it? Right?
Playstation Now is a new subscription-based gaming service from Sony that allows you to play PS2, PS3, and PS4 games without having to own the machine or the game.
Playstation Now isn’t free (it costs $99.99 per year, which is reasonable), but it does offer hundreds of great Playstation games that are easy to access and play on your laptop without the need for a PS4.
Logo of Playstation Now
If you’re still worried about paying a large sum up front and then not liking the service, be assured that Sony has you covered. You can try out Playstation Now for free for seven days and then pay for it later if you like it. You can cancel the trial time and turn off the auto subscription if you don’t like it.
Are you concerned about the Playstation Now’s minimum system requirements? Don’t be concerned. Even if you don’t have the most costly gaming system, a standard laptop can suffice for the Playstation Now.
- Windows 7,8.1 or 10 will work for the PS Now
- Intel Core i3 with 3.5 GHz or AMD A10 with 3.8 GHz
- At least 2GB Memory
- Minimum 300 MB Storage
3.2 How To Download Playstation Now For Windows
Now that you know what Playstation Now is all about, it’s time to download and install it so you can get started. To download and install Playstation Now on your Windows laptop, follow the steps below:
1. Visit Sony’s official website to download the Playstation Now. You may also Google it using keywords like “download Sony PlayStation Now” and then go to Sony’s official website to access the Playstation Now downloader.
2. Open the setup wizard and click next once it has finished downloading.
3. Installation Panel for Playstation Now
4. Then, after checking that you agree to the licence agreement, click next.
Click next after navigating to the folder on your computer where you wish to install Playstation Now.
5. Select the Playstation Now installation folder.
6. Check the box to make a desktop shortcut, then click next to continue.
Then, on the install button, click.
7. Allowing this app to make changes to your drive/system may prompt you (twice). Allow is selected.
8. Then, on the install popup wizard for the wireless controller, click install again, and the Playstation Now may take a few minutes to install.
9. Setup Wizard for Playstation Now For the controller that is wireless
When the installation is finished, click Finish, and Playstation Now will begin immediately. If it doesn’t, however, you can start it manually.
3.3 How To Use PlayStation Now And Play PS4 On Laptop
1. To begin, enter your date of birth and area, as well as your language preference, and then click submit.
2. Now, go to the top right corner of the screen and click the sign-in option. (For this stage, you may need to alter a few settings) Now you may sign in to your Playstation account.
3. Then, at the top of the Playstation Now homepage, select “start free trial.” You’ll be taken to the browser as a result of this.
4. Choose either a 1-month subscription or a 12-month annual subscription from the options provided. When your trial period expires, you will be charged automatically.
5. On the left-hand side of the page, select the “pick a version” option.
6. Sign in to your Sony Account with your credentials. This is the account that will be used to sign in to Playstation Now from now on.
7. Then select the “7-day trial” option once more.
8. If your Sony Account does not already have payment billing information saved, you will be prompted to enter payment information for your selected method.
9. After you’ve entered your payment information, you may return to the Playstation Now app and play any game.
Before the trial period expires, you may always cancel the subscription. To do so, go to Sony Settings on your computer and select Account Management, Account Information, and PlayStation Subscription. Select the Playstation Now Subscription option from the drop-down menu. Turn off the auto-renewal feature.
To play the games, you’ll also need to connect the controller to your laptop. Follow these instructions to connect the controller to the computer:
1. To begin, connect your controller to your laptop using the USB wire.
2. Now, in the top right corner of your laptop, you’ll see a controller icon; click it to connect the controller.
3. The controller should now be connected.