Hey, To link two laptops over WiFi, you’ve come to the right website and the right spot. Today’s subject and article are both about how to do just that: connect two laptops together. So, all you need to do now is go through this page below once to get the greatest and simplest WiFi-connection tips and techniques.
Transferring files to or receiving data from another laptop may be difficult while using a laptop or PC in an area without a WiFi network. Peer-to-peer networks are what we refer to as these types of connections.
There are numerous ways to share files, folders, and more on a Windows 10 PC, and this guide is just one of them.
Tip: In order to easily transfer files between two devices, utilize the “Share it” application. Fast file transfers are possible thanks to this program. Another app is an option. ‘Share link’ from an ASUS phone. As long as the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network, you may use this software without any issues.
(Guide) How to Connect Two Laptops Together
So, today we’re going to walk you through the process of connecting two laptops over Wi-Fi on a Windows 7 PC at any location, step by step.
1. open up the “Control Panel.”
2. Navigate to the ‘Network and Internet’ Tab.
3. As an alternative, you may choose the “Network and Sharing Center” option and click on it.
4. Click on “Manage Wireless Networks” on the left-hand side of the screen.
5. To connect manually to a wireless network, click “Add.”
6. Create an Ad-hoc Network” option in the “Settings” menu.
Sharing data or an Internet connection is made possible via the creation of a temporary network.
7. Set up a Wireless Ad-Hoc Network’ is the command.
It’s possible to connect two laptops to a Wi-Fi network in Windows 10 via an ad-hoc connection, which is a temporary network used for sharing files, the Internet, or presentations across many computers and devices.
The ad-hoc network’s computers and devices must be within 30 feet of one another.
It’s possible that you’ll be disconnected from your present wireless network if you set up this new one.
8. ‘Name your network and choose security options’ is the eighth step.
This is the network’s name.
Format for securing information:
The security key is as follows:
Save this Network selection and click Next to complete the process. The next step is to set up a test network. Allow a few moments to pass as you finalize the setup.
9. After, It Shows a Message like ‘The Network Test Network is Ready to Use.’
Wireless devices may join to this network and remain connected to it until all users disconnect. Give the network’s name and security key (if applicable) to those you wish to join.
Tip: In this post, we’ll show you how to set up a wireless network connection between two Windows 10 laptops. Using Control Panel’s Network and Sharing Center, switch on file-sharing.
10. Now, Click on ‘Close’ Option there
11. Search for ‘Allow Remote Access to your Computer’ & Open it
12. Click on “Allow Connections from Computers Running Any Version of Remote Desktop (less secure)” Option
‘This computer is set up to go to sleep or hibernation when are not in use; when the computer hibernates or sleeps, the people cannot connect to it remotely.’ will popup.
For instructions on how to alter this sort of configuration, see this article on how to connect two laptops using Wi-Fi on a Windows 7 PC.’
13. First, Click on ‘Apply’ & then Click on ‘OK’ to Save this Configuration
14. Again Search for “Remote Desktop Connection” & click on the Options Tab
15. Enter the Name of the Remote Computer & then Username
16. Click on ‘Connect’ Option to Connect it
That’s all there is to it.
As a result, your two computers will be able to exchange files and connect to the same Wi-F inetwork.
Conclusion: A comprehensive guide on how to connect two laptops over Wi-Fi on a Windows 10 PC! As a result of reading this instruction, you should be able to effortlessly connect two computers to each other over Wi-Fi.
If you run into any issues when attempting to connect two laptops through Wi-Fi on a Windows 7 PC, feel free to leave a comment with the specifics of your issue. As soon as we can, we’ll get back to you, and we’ll be free!