Lenovo laptops come equipped with a keyboard light, which makes typing even in complete darkness a breeze. Lenovo laptops come in a variety of configurations, but nearly all of them have a keyboard backlight that can be turned on and off with the same shortcut. How to turn on the keyboard light on a Lenovo laptop is demonstrated here.
How to Turn On the Keyboard Light on a Lenovo Laptop
When used with Lenovo IdeaPad and ThinkPad notebooks that include a keyboard backlight, the following methods are effective.
1. Locate the shortcut key for the keyboard backlight on your Lenovo laptop. The majority of Lenovo laptops have it assigned to the Spacebar.
2. At the same moment, hold down the Function key (abbreviated as Fn) and the backlight shortcut key (usually the Spacebar) on your keyboard.
3. The brightness of the keyboard lighting may be adjusted on the majority of Lenovo laptops. If you want to raise the brightness, you can hit the Function and backlight shortcut key again. Continuing to use the shortcut will eventually result in the keyboard lighting being turned off completely.
How to Turn On a Lenovo Think Light
Older Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks did not have a keyboard backlight, instead of relying on a built-in LED bulb known as the Think Light to provide illumination. He or she is located at the very top of the display and directs light down into the keyboard, providing usable illumination for both the keyboard and any close documents.
Here’s how to get it to work.
1. Locate the Think Light shortcut key on your keyboard. This is commonly referred to as the Page Up key, which may be abbreviated as Pg Up in some cases.
2. Press the Function key (abbreviated as Fn) and the Page Up key at the same time to bring up the menu.
3. For a second time, press the Function key and the Page Up key simultaneously to switch off the Thin k Light.
Does My Lenovo Laptop Have a Backlit Keyboard?
If your Lenovo laptop has a backlit keyboard, you can immediately determine whether it does so by looking for the keyboard backlight shortcut, which is normally placed on the Spacebar. Laptops from Lenovo that do not have backlighting will not have this key combination printed on their keyboards.
You can quickly tell if your Lenovo laptop has a backlit keyboard by searching for the keyboard backlight shortcut, which, again, is typically found on the Spacebar. Lenovo laptops that don’t have backlighting will not have this shortcut printed on the keyboard.
Why Is the Keyboard on My Lenovo Laptop Not Lighting Up?
It may sound a little absurd, but the most common reason a Lenovo keyboard does not light up is that there isn’t one installed on your laptop in the first place. Lenovo continues to provide less cost laptops that do not contain a backlight for the keyboard. If you are unable to locate the keyboard backlight shortcut on the keyboard, you will know that this is the case. Try enabling the keyboard backlight via Lenovo’s Vantage program if your Lenovo laptop does indeed have a keyboard backlight but the keyboard shortcut does not work. The toggle for the keyboard backlight may be found under the Inputs & Accessories section.
Are you still experiencing difficulties? Check to see if the backlight has been disabled in the laptop’s BIOS. Restart your computer and hit Enter when the boot screen appears (which displays a Lenovo logo). Then hit the F1 key to boot into the BIOS. There can be substantial differences in the BIOS menu between laptops, but check for the Keyboard or the Keyboard/Mouse menu. Open it and look for a field labelled Keyboard Backlight in it. If it is turned off or otherwise disabled, enable it. Ensure that your settings are saved and then exit BIOS.
How do I make my keyboard light up on an HP laptop?
Many HP laptops are equipped with backlit keyboards, which may be controlled by pressing a special key on the keyboard. This key is located in the top row of the Function F keys and has the appearance of three squares with three lines flashing out from the corners. Toggling the keyboard light on and off is accomplished by pressing this button.
How do I turn off the keyboard light on Windows 10?
If your keyboard has a backlight, you can turn it on or off by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard’s keypad. If the F5 key does not function, check for a function key that has a backlight icon on it instead. It’s possible that you’ll have to press the fn (function) key at the same moment.