How to turn on the Backlit Keyboard on a Dell Inspiron 15 (5558): Do you find it difficult to type in low light? There are a number of Dell laptops available with a backlit keyboard, an appealing feature that makes typing simpler in low-light conditions.
If you have a Dell computer, and you’re not sure if the keyboard has a light, this wikiHow will show you how to check, and if it does, how to activate that light.
Take a look at the Dell keyboard.
Examining certain keys on the laptop’s keyboard can reveal whether or not it features a keyboard light. The F6, F10, or right arrow key on a laptop with a backlit keyboard typically features an illumination icon (a boxed “A” with rays of light spreading outwards).
 When you see this symbol, it means your keyboard has an illuminated keypad.
- If there are several right arrow keys on your keyboard, you need only look at the one in the far right-hand corner.
2. Make sure your laptop’s BIOS is up-to-date.
The Basic Input/Output System, or BIOS, is a set of instructions for your computer’s motherboard and other hardware that controls how the system boots up (keyboards, graphics cards, disc drives, etc.) Keep your keyboard’s brightness options open by keeping your BIOS up to date.
You can skip this if you prefer, but then your choices for turning on the keyboard light will be more limited. In order to update the BIOS on your specific Dell model, you should visit the company’s website.
3. While holding down the Fn key,
Select the desired light source from the menu that appears. Now you may tap any key on your keyboard that has an illumination icon while holding down the Fn key (usually located in the lower left corner of your keyboard). Repeatedly tapping the corresponding key will cycle between the several backlight modes on your computer.
- If tapping the F10 key does not change the backlight settings, you may need to hold down the Fn key and press the Esc key to clear the settings and try again.
- Keyboard illumination can be adjusted individually on every Dell notebook. You’ll have the choice between “Off,” “Dim,” and “Bright” at the very least. You should experiment with the various options available on your computer until you find the one that works best for you. How to Turn on the Backlit Keyboard on a Dell Inspiron 15 (5558)
[FAQ:] Does Dell Inspiron 5558 have keyboard light?
Q:is this keyboard have backlight function.?
How do I turn on the backlit keyboard on my Dell Inspiron 15?
Activate the power switch when the computer is turned off. The F2 key must be pressed once every second, starting right now (if the computer boots into Windows, shut down the computer and try again). Select System Configuration by clicking the plus symbol. Select the Keyboard Lights option.
How do I make my Dell laptop keyboard light glow?
Hold the Fn key, then tap the F6 key. To use F5, press and hold the Fn key. For this, you’ll need to hold the Fn key down while pressing the Right Arrow key.
Newer BIOS versions have:
- Select System Configuration by clicking the plus symbol.
- Choose to Turn on Keyboard Lights….
- Then, after you’re done, click the Apply and Leave button.
Can the Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series keyboard backlight be customised?
To alter the colour of the illuminated keyboard:
- To quickly switch between the various backlight hues, press the FN> + C> combination of keys.
- Standard colours are white, red, green, and blue; however, up to two user-defined hues can be added to the cycle using the System Preferences menu (BIOS).
Can I install backlit keyboard in my laptop?
May I add a lighted keyboard to my laptop:
Unless you’re a computer engineer, you won’t be able to add a backlit keyboard to your laptop. Your laptop will need the appropriate hardware and software in order to use a backlit keyboard.
How do I know if my Dell keyboard is backlit?
You can tell if your computer has a backlit keyboard by checking the F10, F6, or right arrow key (located in the lower right-hand corner). If you have a backlit keyboard, you should see the light bulb icon on at least one of these keys.
How do I change the RGB color on my keyboard?
The ALT and CTRL keys are the two to the right of the space bar. ” * ” and ” FN “. Just by pressing these two keys simultaneously, you can toggle between different hues.
You Can Also Check: How To Turn On Lenovo Yoga Keyboard Light?